Oops, I might be a little late for some of you but here goes nothing
- Don’t overdo the caffeine. I know it’s tempting to drink just one little 5 Hour Energy, but ice water is a healthier and just as effective.
- That being said, avoid all-nighters if at all possible.
- Flashcards are your friends.
- If you’re in a time crunch to study, ask your teacher for their powerpoints from lecture. They really can be lifesavers.
- If you’re going to study with friends, study with a small group of responsible friends. By responsible, I mean a group where no party would feel uncomfortable telling another to shut up.
- Use lemon. You can add some to the ice water I mentioned, dab some lemon juice on your wrists, or use a naturally scented lemon lotion, but any of these can help improve memory and mental clarity.
- If your teacher allows notes during the test, don’t use the limit. For example, my professor allows 4 pages one-sided or 2 double-sided but it would be a good idea for me to only use 2 and a half pages one-sided so that I don’t have to hunt for answers.
During the test
- Use more lemon. This triggers your scent memory from when you were studying, helping you to remember information more easily.
- Always do the bonus questions.
- Fill in the Scantron as you go, you need to use your time efficiently.
- If you’re not sure about an answer, come back to it, just make sure your “come back to this” mark is really obvious.
- Make sure the answer you meant to put matches your Scantron.
- I shouldn’t have to say this, but don’t cheat.